Monday, January 29, 2024

Another Monday

 Dear Friends, I will be glad to see January come to an end. It has been cloudy, cold and wet. Our weatherman tells us that February will begin with sunshine and warmer temperatures!

The pond has been frozen for a few weeks and slowly it turns to slush. When I look outside, I am reminded of the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase. That movie always makes me laugh! 


We live in the country, as I have for most of my life.  Life here is changing though.  We now have people living here and not respecting our laws, our neighbors, our quiet or our friendliness.  They are currently disobeying laws, being a problem with their neighbors and throwing their trash anywhere they want.  I understand that coming across our border with no plans, no money, no direction gives them little choices. Afterall, choices are a luxury for most people. But to just throw your trash out your door onto the neighbors is not American. Then them telling the community that "There is more to come" has raised concern.  You see, we are a good 30 minutes from 911. We depend on each other, on being aware and protecting each other. I pray that these new neighbors and their new community within our community learn that we need each other.




I awoke at 4 am this morning. I hurt from pain in my bones, my old bones, my not so great bones. I saw my cousin's home wake up and leave for work, then another cousin, then another. I am surrounded by family, mostly cousins younger than me, and their kids.  My brother bought the land years ago and then built a pond and a private lane.  He then sold lots to each of our family and we have all built new homes here. I have over 30 years of hard labor in this land, it is beautiful to sit and watch the sun rise up over our pond.

I love Mondays here. It is a quiet catch up day with all the kids back to school and work. A day for me to catch up on my thoughts and duties. My heart tachycardia seems to be less painful and less occuring, at least the intensity of it. My new hip and spine are getting stronger, at a painful and slow pace, due to being flat on my back for over 4 months. I am now only taking 2-4 tylenol per day or less. The work is paying off.

January included some purging, cleaning and organizing. My pantry, didn't get torn apart and wiped clean this year, But it did get wiped, purged and organized. I also concentrated on our bathroom cabinets.  I have a very large three-mirrored medicine cabinet that is great storage. But most of the storage is in lower cabinets, which I don't bend or kneel as easy as I use to. I keep our towels in a cabinet in a corner next to the toilet.  I don't like them there, too hard to twist, bend and kneel so I plan to find a way to move lesser used items into that cabinet. They have some really nice organizers available now, and its a good time to get it done.



It is winter, so not much going on except plans for this years garden. I wanted to order from Park seeds but wow, $50 for 5 seeds packets, had to think on that one. I still may as their quality is top notch but wow, I am having an adjustment period before pay now button is clicked.  Their radish seeds are the best I have ever planted. I want to plant peas, radishes, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and maybe potatoes. Also I will need the flowers and herbs to draw in the pollinators! 



Our Kansas City Chiefs are going to the SuperBowl!!!!  Yea, we love KC!  We live about 2 hours south and we take short trips to the city to shop and eat great food.  KC Barbecue, yum!!



aka: jackiesee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!