Friday, June 21, 2024

Catching up.

 Hello out there,

I miss blogging so I am going to be attempting to get back to writing more often.



Yesterday, while sitting on our patio looking at our pond I saw it start turning.  We have been here 22 years and each spring and fall the pond water will turn.  This is the first time I have ever seen it happen and was able to watch it happen over a 2 hour period.  The water was crystal clear, you could see all the way to the bottom.  Then it started getting cloudy at the south end, looked like smoke or steam rising from the water.  Slowly it creeped along until half the pond looked like it was in a hazy meadow.  This was 7 pm in the evening on a hot sunny day.  By dark the pond was no longer smoky above the water and it just appeared to be cloudy.  This morning it is back to being clear again.  Nature amazes me.



Today is a hot one, the thermometer is reading 99 and sunny.  Thehubs is mowing, the heat will force him to take many breaks. Yesterday I picked my first cucumber from my garden. We have 2 semi ripe tomatoes and will probably eat them this weekend.  So far we have had onions, beets, dill, radishes, and peas.  For a very small space, we do seem to get a good yield.  In past years the garden was bigger, but at age 65 with 5 fusions in my back, it is now a lot smaller.  Thehubs built me a sidewalk all the way around our house about 3-4 feet from our home.  This area is much easier to weed and prepare and I can stay on the sidewalk when I work it.



We are still looking for a home in another city. We currently have 2 acres of landscaped yard and a large home with storage buildings. I am ready for a smaller home, a smaller yard and more time to enjoy laughing and exploring.  I am ready for a smaller chore list.  My back is ready too.



I was very blessed  and thankful for a friend that recommended a fantastic cleaning lady.  She is the only helper I have had that has told me to pay her what God lays upon my heart.  I pay her well, as she does all the hard stuff while I do the easy stuff.  Her hands are strong, her heart is giving and she made my bathrooms sparkle.  Thank you Dear Lord for sending her my way.




I was blessed with a visit with a long time blogging friend Linda and Louis Dean Chapman.  Linda's blog is https://lindaslifejournal-artlady1948.blogspot.com/   named Linda's Life Journal.  She was one of the first bloggers to welcome me with open arms to the blogging world.  She is way more disciplined than I!  She has continued to blog and getting to know her is a wonderful experience.  She is so kind and her blog reflects her wisdom and creativity.  We drove the hour and a half to meet up with Linda, LOuis Dean, Brenda and Billy in Branson, MO.  They had been in Branson to see some shows and had rented a cabin.  Linda and I connected and planned to meet.  They are so gracious on the way there she text me and said they would serve us brunch when we arrived.  Delicious food around a table of friends, felt so good!  Thank you Lord for this, for Linda, Ld, Billy and Brenda.


Lord, I thank you for this blogging platform and all the good people who use it.  

Thank you for stopping by.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!