Friday, March 29, 2013

Flowers make me smile!

TODAY'S QUOTE: 

There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
Henri Matisse



Have you ever had a day where you just can't get organized, caught up, and spend most of the day chasing your to-do-list, or as we like to refer to it "putting out fires"? 


My yesterday was like that. I had computer/software problems that took 4 1/2 hours out of my day, then 2 trips to the Veterinarian, grocery store, laundry, etc. As I look back on it, it was a whirlwind, a blur of moving here and there, but getting little done.

Until my husband got home from work, I stopped it all, put the brakes on the gotta-get-it-done. I opened the fridge and started pulling things out that needed to be used up and set it all on the counter. Then I got out my big skillet (my favorite pan) and started cooking. Cooking makes me happy. An hour later, we had a delicious meal (that I created without a recipe), my rumbling tummy had quieted, and I had finally relaxed. Then I finished this whirlwind day with a bubble bath.

Sometimes I just have to stop, and end the chaos. I have a wall plaque that says: "Some days it's okay if all you do is breathe".  Well, sometime it's okay to stop and breathe, regroup and calm down. Enjoy your life, look at something that brings you both beauty and serenity and do something that you enjoy. Just stop and enjoy something.. even if it is just for a little bit of time.  

Look around, breathe, and relax....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!