Monday, September 16, 2019


I do feel better. My body is still fighting itself but my energy level is much improved. We had a good weekend with family, church and dinner out. It felt like a normal Sunday.


Mom is failing more each time I take her somewhere. This morning she was totally confused as to her blood pressure. She said she had called the doctor and his nurse had told her they want her blood pressure below 60. Then 10 minutes later her explanation was not making sense at all.  I kept asking her what her blood pressure was but she wasn't making any sense of any of it. I finally was able to understand that she hadn't slept well and had gotten up and taken a tranzene.



We drove into town and I took her to Hobby Lobby. She has no balance so she must hang on to my arm to stay upright so I get her out of the car carefully. We came around the end of the car and she couldn't get her foot on the ground.  It was like her depth perception was not working and she was trying to put her foot down about a foot above the pavement. I hung on to her tight to keep her from falling. Her steps are now only about 6 inches at a time, so we move very slowly and others must wait.

As soon as I got her in the store and put the cart in front of her she grabbed on and went to shopping.  It was like a miracle, she was walking fast, knew exactly where she was going and enjoyed every minute of her 2 hours at Hobby Lobby. She left with a cart full of goodies, a big smile on her face and telling me what all she was making for presents for people for Christmas. Our postmaster, our girls at city hall, the maintenance men at city hall, our mayor, her craft friends, her church secretary, the preachers wife, etc.



I did buy a book while I was staying one aisle away (so I could keep an eye on her) Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines. I admire their strength as a couple working together.


I'm saving it for when our son in law Jason has his cancer surgery next week.  We are planning on taking shifts so that someone is always with him those first few days. They are telling us he will be in the hospital 14-21 days to to just expect complications. He will be put on a ventilator during surgery as they have to collapse his lung to get to the tumor. He will have many incisions and drains and will be unable to eat or drink until they can make sure the connection of what is left of his esophagus and stomach are connected with no leaks and completely healed. This is so scary to think about.


I am glad to be home for a few days. Even if the house is dirty and in need of a good vacuuming. I've got the laundry going and plan on doing a heavy cleaning of the fridge. Country Pork Ribs are in the crockpot, cooked apples and fried cabbage will be the sides. Kitty is asleep in her bowl in the middle of the living room floor. She rests so easy, I'm jealous.


I feel more grateful today.
For that I am grateful alone.








3 comments:

  1. I’m sorry I was confused there for a minute. You are a gift to your mom. Even if she doesn’t know or appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I’m on my iPad and I guess my first two comments didn’t come through. Love and prayers for you as I go to bed tonight. You are stronger than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only we could live our lives like cats and dogs do. no worries, just eat, sleep and play. Prayers for you son in law and your mother. I pray all goes well with this surgery. Hold on and pray is all you can do. 3 years ago my brother got cancer and was under a death sentence. the past 2 years he has been in remission. I pray that for you son in law

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!