Monday, August 21, 2017

Just being me... on Monday!

It is so HOT outside today I am staying inside and finding lots keep me busy in the cool air. I have been purging my closets, pantry, kitchen cabinets and more.  I loaded three bags to donate and am working on a fourth.
I want to share as others
have shared with me. 

I am in the fall season of my life and my body is changing. With my fibromyalgia, most clothes irritate my skin and cause it to burn, so comfortable cotton clothes is a way to keep pain away. If you are a regular reader then you know my favorite piece of clothing is my white cotton socks.  I wear them every minute that I am home. They work better than a tylenol for my burning skin pain caused by fibromyalgia. It is sometimes called neuropathy and is much worse in my feet and hands. I just put those socks on and my entire body feels better.

Sometimes the answer can be so simple!

I am ready for soups, stews, roasts, chicken noodles home made bread and meat loaf. I am also a sweet eater, it runs in my family, thank you granny (she made the BEST pie crust I have ever tasted). Yesterday I made a deep dish blackberry cobbler from very large berries my Uncle had given to me.  I also have frozen blueberries that my cousin brought back from her trip to Michigan. I have been eating them as a snack, one handful at a time, in my quest to eat better.

Cooking for me, is a way to relax and enjoy my life, it takes my stress away, and sharing these goodies makes my heart feel good.  I buy to-go-boxes from Sams Club in various sizes to share with family and friends.  I get them in small and large sizes for single servings or complete meals. I used to use my plastic bowls (also known as tupperware, rubbermaid, etc) but I got tired of chasing them down and trying to get them returned. My brother is not so good at returning these bowls and in return always buys me several packs for Christmas. Now I don't worry about getting them back and I can even write messages on the lid. 

Sometimes those messages are funny descriptions
of what is inside or just
a sweet reminder of how much
I love and appreciate each of them.

We have been having fun lately, with a couple of trips to watch the Springfield Cardinals play baseball while staying at Kdaughters new home. Her husband is a great cook and professional bass fisherman. He treated us to a meal of fresh caught Crappie with all of the sides. We also have taken several "day trips" into Arkansas allowing me to visit one of my favorite stores Home Goods and eat at some Mom and Pop diners, a rarity these days. We also just got back from Memphis, a trip that is always relaxing and full of laughter.

Laughter is contagious!

I always enjoy reading "Happy Homemaker Monday" on www.harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com. Laura is an inspiration to me. Laura share how she does normal things through her week that help her family budget. Since reading her blog, I have started keeping track of ways I could save money and time. Now it is a regular entry in my daily journal and I have been surprised how my saving has benefited me in many different ways. Her battle with cancer is REAL on her blog. Laura is brave, caring, and a great writer. If you are not a follower, pop over and take a look, and say a prayer for that cancer to be gone from her body and her body to be healed.


This past week we had to say goodbye to our Tater Pie, our cat of 16 years. It was a very sad day, but I just let myself feel sad, shared a few tears, and let the emotions run their course.  I didn't talk on the phone for two days. Talking about it out loud made it hurt more so I didn't. The quiet days actually felt good, grieving her loss gave me some much needed rest.


I still feel sad, so I can't imagine what it feels like to lose a husband as is BJ over at bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com  blog. I pray for her and light a candle for everyone who is living the pain that cancer causes.


Please say a prayer
or
think a positive thought for those hurting right now.

I have been learning about social media lately too. Apparently my recent surge in questionable followers was coming from Instagram. I am no longer linked to it from this blog and my blog is no longer linked on instagram. I still don't know what happened, but it has stopped, and for that I am grateful. Thank you to everyone who posted comments on my last post about this, your suggestions and encouraging words helped me very much.

Thank you!

Well, the eclipse is over at our house. I made a viewing box from an old shoebox and I watched it from our back patio. The cows stayed sitting in a group under the pecan and walnut trees, the duck stayed hidden in the weeds along the creek, and the cat and birds didn't sway from their normal routine. I even saw a muskrat. So now, I will return to my normal routine too, the dryer buzzer just went off.

Have a grateful Day!



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment about the frying pan I'm glad to know it works. I will pass along the information about the cotton clothing and the White Sox I have several friends that have neuropathy and or fibromyalgia so that is good to know. I watch the eclipse on TV but would rather have seen what you saw the cows under the tree excetera

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you have fibromyalgia. I have a friend who has this also and it's painful for her at times. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat also. I am ready for soups and stews and Fall weather too. Your blackberry cobbler sounds Yummy. Yes, it was an interesting day yesterday with the eclipse, and the skies are beautiful today. The muskrat must have been a sight - it would have startled me, as I have a fear of rats.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pass on the White Sox to a friend who has fibromyalgia. I saw it here once before and forgot to tell her. I know how painful it is from listening to two friends who have it. It is 87 degrees here right now and I am so sick of this heat we have had 87 - 90 degrees since April and we have never had heat like that before. And now we are watching Maria who is following the path of Irma and praying she doesn't come this way. This is sad news to hear of the Blogger who lost her husband and your sweet cat. I'm so sorry for your loss and my heart aches for you because in the last 33 years we have mourned for dogs and the one we have left is fast approaching 13 years old. The cobbler sounds great so do the berries and thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie,
    I've been having some neuropathy that was aggravated by the chemo. I've been taking meds, but they make my legs swell so bad, I cannot take an effective dose. Yesterday, a friend told me to try rubbing Vicks Vapo Rub on my feet. She says it helps her. Maybe it could help you at night, too. I need to remember to look for some white cotton socks.

    I'm moving into the fall season, too, pretty soon. Two of my last three children will be out of the nest before I know it. They need lots of to go meals, because they're rarely here for dinner anymore. I've been doing the same with my plastic ware, but I'm getting tired of buying more and more...even at dollar store prices. I don't have a Sam's membership, but I may find a friend to go with! I also love the idea of writing messages. I do have some paper/cardboard type soup containers with lids that I may try to freeze soups in. What will it hurt to try?

    I do love this time of year. Soups, stews, chilis, are all so cozy and homey. I just don't cook for six anymore, so I have to either freeze, give, or cut back on my cooking, too.

    Oh my, I've been reading a paragraph of this post, then coming down here and talking back. I just reached the one where you mentioned me. You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for your kindness!

    I'm sending you a big hug. So sorry about your kitty. I had a kitty who was very ill and required two surgeries that I couldn't afford. It was so hard to say good-bye to her.

    I shall pray for BJ and go visit her in just a bit. I miss her, and haven't talked to her for awhile.

    Yikes! I just saw the date on this post! I hope you're doing alright. I shall pray for you, too!

    Be blessed, my friend. I'd like to meet you one of these days. I think we determined we live in the same neck of the woods, but it's been awhile since we spoke about it.

    God bless you!
    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    Carthage, Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  5. the weather has turned here and it is actually cold outside. it feels amazing to have all (well only some, it's too cold for all) the windows open!!

    i was just talking with my husband today about fall and winter foods, i can't wait for all the foods you mentioned, especially a good meatloaf!!

    i love autumn, apple cider, pumpkins, mums and hoodies - i'm ready!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!