Thursday, March 16, 2017

I want to know more...


about Lydia. 

She was all alone in a place she wasn't wanted. She had made a promise, kept a secret and was headed for a new life in a distant place. Having left her position as a teacher in an upscale girls school in Syracuse, Lydia was poised and mannerly however her beauty was not always appreciated.

From her first step off the stage coach in Cimarron Creek, her life was not at all what she had dreamed.

Her fiance was gone,
his promises were not kept,
and she found herself all alone. 

The only kind face in town that afternoon was the town sheriff, Travis Whitfield. who would help her unravel a mystery even to him she could not reveal.

Though Lydia had done nothing wrong, her secret had to remain a secret, as she tries to find the man she had agreed to marry.

The war was over, for some, but others would not accept her as the scars of the Civil War were still fresh. Lydia was the second unwelcome northerner in town and the first was still missing. It was the Sheriff's job to find out why.

Their friendship grows along with their trust in true love and faith in God. Opal, an entertainer in the local Silver Spur Saloon, and Catherine Whitfield, of the established Whitfield family become close friends with Lydia as they all try to find their way in this small town. The further I read, I learned to appreciate their true feelings for one another and understand their commitment to their friendship.


A stolen Heart, a book by author Amanda Cabot, is the first in a trilogy set in Cimarron Creek, a small town in Texas around 1880.

Revelle Books are so well made. I knew this book would be easy to hold, have larger print than most, and would lay open when I set it down. All of which I find important when I choose a book to read or to give for a gift. I want to feel the quality in my hands.

Amanda Cabot has won me over as an author. She tells a well written story that kept me interested, sparked my detective skills and drew a picture of life in the 1880's.

The characters remained true, and built lasting friendships that I want to understand and follow. I am excited to know that their lives will be continued in the following two books at Cimarron Creek. And that Lydia's story will continue.

Amanda Cabot is a well recognized author. 


For more about her you can go to her 

website:
http://amandacabot.com/index.htm

facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/amanda.j.cabot

Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/AmandaJoyCabot/

Bookbub:
https://www.bookbub.com/authors/amanda-cabot

Her book is available on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Stolen-Heart-Cimarron-Creek-Trilogy/dp/0800727568

I am going order the rest of this trilogy as it becomes available. I found this book to be a pleasure to read and I am looking forward to reading others that Amanda Cabot has written. Her story telling skills are admirable, easy to follow and imagine.


Disclosure: I enjoy reading!  I always have and always will! My review of this book is just that, my own opinion of how I liked or disliked this book. I received a copy of this book from the Publisher in exchange for my review. However, all opinions and summaries expressed are my own, without any influence, and are copyright protected.




3 comments:

  1. reading is my thing above all others. I love computers, and tablets and blogs and FB but reading comes first

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an excellent review. i am not a reader, i have memory problems, and i can't remember what i read, one or two pages to the next!!

    i'm glad you enjoy reading, it will be good for you as you recuperate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review A Stolen Heart. I appreciate your comments and am glad that you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!