Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Yes, we got it...


And it is a nasty one.  Thehubs got it first, the flu that is, and is staying warm, drinking fluids and sleeping upright in his recliner. His body hurts all over.

It started with him coughing loudly, what we call the croup. I haven't heard that loud bark since I was a child.

Croup is a common respiratory problem in young children. It tends to occur in the fall and winter. Its main symptom is a harsh, barking coughCroup causes swelling and narrowing in the voice box, windpipe, and breathing tubes that lead to the lungs. This can make it hard for your child to breathe.
Then it hit him full blast!




It is very rare for him to get sick, 
especially first, as I am usually the carrier, 
the one to bring the bug into our house. 



I am beginning to get it so I will be around to visit, virtually, and hoping none of you are fighting this thing too. Did you get your flu shot? We did!


Gotta go. 
I have things to clean!










10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! Getting the flu is so miserable! I hope you do not get it. They say that your flu will be mild if you had a shot. We got the Geezer flu shot! This is an extra strong shot for seniors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, so sorry you both have it. yes we did get our shots, hope it wards if off and that yours is not a long one. I know it tends to hang on for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just getting over it, it certainly lays you low. Hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry! Yeppers, we had it...not fun at all and Craig was so, so sick. Hope you are all better soon! Big hugs from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felt sorry to hear about your health. Take care of your health...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get my flu shot this year...and now it feels too late. I meant to! I got it last year late and didn't get sick. I got a sinus thing in September and again at Christmastime, which sucked. I hope you're feeling better. The flu SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband had a nasty cold, not the flu. took forever to pass and i never got it - how in the word did i not get it??

    i don't get a flu shot and my primary care physician agrees with me. MS + lots of meds = could have a problem. not all medications have been tested with a flu shot. i would hate to be on one that is not compatible. i don't take anything i don't have to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Dazee,
    Thanks for coming by to visit, and hope you aren't feeling too badly.
    My hubby was sick the week before last all week, and that is rare for him, and somehow I managed not to get it....I seriously think it was
    the prayers for me.
    I got a flu shot when I was like 19 cause they were free and it made
    me get the flu, so I never got one again..........lol

    Hope you have a good today too, and a Happy Valentines Day as well.
    Blessings, Nellie
    Sending up a prayer for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here also last week all of them were not feeling well. Everything is due to the climate change. Now all are felling good. I to wish you that you will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!