Friday, August 29, 2014

Time is too precious...


"If you want to be happy you have to be happy on purpose.  When you wake up, you can't just wait and see what kind of day you'll have. You have to decide what kind of day you will have."   Joel Osteen

Here I am, sitting at my kitchen table this morning feeling blue because our Labor Day Holiday will be spent at home, alone... blowing our noses, coughing, and resting. 

We had friends call yesterday wanting to come for the weekend but we warned them about this awful bug.  

It is contagious, I know, I caught it somewhere, now Big Brother has it, and thehubs is starting to cough a bit.  

I wouldn't risk spreading this on to anyone else. 


So we are staying home, alone.


We will miss the lake, the boats, the breakfasts, the lunches and the barbecues. We will miss our friends who travel four hours to come and visit.  We will miss the noisy laughter, the jokes, the stories and the plans being made. 


But we will not be wasting our time, it is too precious. 

We plan a quiet barbecue for ourselves, to spend some time catching up on some chores around the house, to play with a few projects, and to rest in between coughs and blowing our noses. 





Thehubs will work on his new dirt pile, adding it to the garden, filling in holes, spreading it in low places.

I will keep working on the guest bathroom. Since we painted I have been playing with some ideas for decor.  I didn't want to just go out and buy something, I wanted to create something. I will spend this time playing with painted frames.



And I will make some cookies.




Time is a precious gift, no matter how you spend it! The garden is coming to an end, the flowers are turning brown, no matter how much we water. We still need rain terribly, this drought is taking its toll on our trees, bushes, and flowers.


It is becoming FALL at our house! I am looking forward to cooler temperatures, shorter days, and bon fires in the dark!



I hope all of you have a 
WONDERFUL
and
HEALTHY
Labor Day Holiday!

ENJOY it,
no matter where you are!

Or, who you are with!



Thanks for stopping by!


As life goes...

My friend Meg, my animal saver, animal rights cape crusader friend posted this to her status on facebook last night. 

She is building a new "dog friendly" home and has been a very busy lady. 

She posted this photo and the words 

"fall decorating - done!" 

Hilarious!



3 comments:

  1. Don't you know the secret to getting well is to "REST"...sounds like you have plenty planned to do over the weekend. I do hope you start to feel better soon. Loved your friends decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some sprinkles today, but need more. Did you get rain at your place? My tomatoes were late coming on. We've had a few, but I hope for a lot more before fall truly settles in.

    Have a wonderful weekend. We'll be working at Royal Delights in Precious Moments.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better!! We hardly got any tomatoes this year and the ones we did get were not great!!

    But we have eggplant and cucumbers coming out our ears ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!