Sunday, August 10, 2014

A can of spray paint... A trunk full of Arkansas treasures!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."  Walt Disney

----------

I have had so much fun with a few flea market finds, or treasures as I prefer to call them.  On a recent 5 day trip to Little Rock Arkansas, I made a "few" purchases. We had a lot of fun going from small town to small town and meeting so many friendly people. I love Arkansas, it is a great place to relax and enjoy the beautiful ozark mountain scenery and small town shops.


I had been looking for a tray 
to sit on my living room ottoman!



When I found this one in a flea market in Sherwood, Arkansas
I knew it would work. I loved the detail, the size and the handles. And I knew I would be spray painting it white using
this Rust-o-leum American Accents 2x coverage paint. This paint covers quickly, dries evenly and the sprayer does not clog up.  I had to give the tray several coats to get the pure white that I wanted.




This paint transformed the tray, 
and candleholders from
a dark brown to a bright and cheery color!

A trunk full of flea market treasures!

I am happy with how it turned out,
and happy about the price that I paid for it.
I will always remember the young lady
and her little shop in Sherwood!

Thanks for coming by for a visit!

I am linking up with the following blogs:

Amaze Me Monday #71
at Dwellings - the heart of your home

Tweak it Tuesday #102
at Cozy Little House

229th Inspire Me Tuesday
at A Stroll through Life blog

Much ado about Monday
at huckleberry love blog

History and home link party
at We call it junkin

What's it Wednesday
at Ivy and elephants blog

Party Junk 253 - upcycled trays
Funky Junk Interiors

Anything Blue Friday - Week 68
The Dedicated House




14 comments:

  1. I love redeeming things and I see you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good makeover post - great choice for the colors you used. The tray is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have seen old silver trays all black and wondered why anyone would buy them. now i know. paint really transformed the tray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do. Lovely vignette. Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty tray with details that are easier to see when it's white!

    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makeover. I always use Rust-o-Leum paint. I like the coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this...I love makeover posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a gift, to see the potential in tired pieces!! Everything is restored beautifully for its second chance at life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You transformed the tray and candle holders to a new cheerful appearance. The yellow turned out especially nice and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love spray paint! In fact, half the decor in my house has been painted one color or another! There is no simpler or cheaper way to transform an object! I have even painted silk flowers! All of your great finds look wonderfully transformed...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tray and the candle sticks look amazing!
    Thank you for giving us the heads up on the spray paint - I'll be trying it too!
    I'm always on the look out for 'easy peasy'!

    I'm following you now. Do pop over and say hell to me!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shane! I popped over and joined your followers! You have a beautiful blog and I am looking forward to reading your posts! The tea set was gorgeous!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!