Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's a small world!

I am a follower of
Brenda over at



On January 10th,
Brenda posted about a
great blogger/designer named

Michelle Edwards

and her blog

Sweet Something Designs



Michelle had been undergoing cancer treatments.
But on January 9th, Michelle lost her battle against cancer.

I clicked over to Michelle's blog and started reading about her. She had been fighting cancer for some time, was very honest about her fear, and was an extremely talented designer.


That is when I found...
she lived just a few miles from me. 

Her celebration of life services were to be held at a church just down the road from me. For years, I had even been going to her booth in a local antique mall and purchasing some of her beautiful handcrafted designs. Her booth was well known and a local favorite among my friends.

But until January 10th,
I didn't know who she was.

It's a small world.



5 comments:

  1. so sad you missed really knowing her.. my sympathy to her family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that. I am sad that you didn't get to know her. She sounds like a wonderful, wonderful woman and I am so sad for her family and close friends. God bless them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that. I am sad that you didn't get to know her. She sounds like a wonderful, wonderful woman and I am so sad for her family and close friends. God bless them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am so sorry for your loss, both now and then. It is such a small world. Prayers for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lump in my throat....I need to muster up the courage to go over and visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!