Saturday, July 13, 2013

The best chocolate recipe in my book!

Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond is a genius in my recipe book. Most of her recipes are made with ingredients I have right in my pantry. They don't require a special trip to the store, or a trip to the bank for more money to buy an expensive ingredient that I have never heard of before and will never use again. She illustrates the recipe with photos, step by step, on her website www.Thepioneerwoman.com. If you haven't visited her site, please do. If you know of her and her cookbooks, and her Food Network Show, then you know what I am referring to. Yes, I think she is a food genius sent to me via the internet, to boost and re energize my cooking/baking desires.


Her “Best Chocolate Sheetcake Ever” is just what the name says, the best chocolate sheetcake ever. It is easy to make, feeds many hungry chocolate lovers, and satisfies my craving for a rich and sweet piece of chocolate. It stays moist for several days if wrapped tightly and it goes well with home-made ice cream.

Here is the link to her Tasty Kitchen Recipe:


My life changed its routine recently, and I have been creating new goals for myself. I have always wanted to try new recipes, and I have a big stack of great recipes that I have saved for many years. They are stuffed into an old cookbook alongside some of my most reliable recipes. I will be trying them and sharing them, both the good and the bad, the tasty and the not so tasty.

This morning, after looking into my pantry and doing a quick look at my inventory, I decided to try Trisha Yearwood's Recipe for "Sweet and Saltines". It seemed very simple to make, with ingredients I already had.  I laid out my ingredients, prepared the pan, then the phone rang.  I was distracted for just a few moments, taking my eye off the butter and sugar boiling on the stove. Suspecting that I had boiled it at too high a temperature, I went ahead and completed the recipe not sure if it would have a slight burnt sugar taste. Well it sure did, and it was not good. 

But here is the link, and I can only say I will try it again.

Only next time I will let the phone ring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!