Monday, July 22, 2013

Reflection Monday

Today's question to self: “If you could start a conversation with your "younger self" what would you say?” I would say "slow down, take the time to get to know yourself, to learn to grow and trust your inner voice"

Oh how I wish, I could turn back time! To be able to do so many things over. To have the knowledge and experience to have made better decisions. To have been aware of greater opportunities and experiences that were offered. To have slowed down. To have simply enjoyed the time I was given.

For now, I see myself running out of time. Time is the only gift we get when we are born. In my younger years I didn't realize that time was so precious and that we all have a limited supply. Time was going too fast, too much to do, too much to get done, sometimes I look back and the past is a blurr. A blurr of responsibility, commitments, and 24 hour cycles of that ol “gotta get it done” attitude.
I laugh when I hear a celebrity say “I have no regrets”. For how can you live a long life and not have any regrets. Haven't you ever made a mistake, overlooked something, or just not had enough information to have made a better decision? Well I have, and I do have regrets. I am not perfect, I have made mistakes that I wish I could change. But there is no “back” button in the desktop of life.

My recent birthday was quiet. I took the time to hear myself. To ask myself some questions about my future, about my past, about tomorrow. The answer was not what I want to do, it was how I want to do it. I want to do it with more consciousness. I want to enjoy each moment, to breathe it in, to smell it, to hear it, to fully participate in it.

So this is my Monday and every day after, a day to reflect, a day to smell, hear, and listen, to breathe...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!