Monday, October 16, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Joining Sandy
over at
Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

I've been gone a while so I am not sure where to start.
I had a great summer and I will be sharing that
with everyone a little here and there as I get back into blogging.


Welcome to my blog, Gee Dazee,
named after a little lady named Grandma Daisy.


Outside my window:
The sun is shining. I rose around 7:30 to a beautiful fog over our pond, with cool temperatures and all the beauty of a fall day here in the Ozarks. The pecan grove is dropping its bounty, the Maple Trees are changing to their beautiful and bold colors and we are nearing the end of our tomato crop.

Looking around the house:
I see clean. I got a late start blogging so my work day is over. The house is clean, floors mopped, laundry caught up and now it is time for a cup of warm raspberry tea in my favorite mug. Thehubs has been brush hogging for most of the day. He keeps the fields cut and our yard looking so nice. I am grateful for his hard work, his talents are many and he loves me.

I'm listening:
to Aaron Tippin's Greatest Hits. I just finished listening to Roy Orbison's greatest hits, this one is great to listen to when I get busy around the house.

My menu this week:
will include Peaches, delicious peaches, they smell as good as they look. Apples too, this time I think I will cook them in a little butter and brown sugar and serve them as a fruit desert along with pork chops.  It is perfect weather for soup, maybe I will make some broccoli/cauliflower cheese soup using the Queso Velveeta, one of MY favorites. I am also planning to make some cinnamon pull apart bread to share with family, warm out of the oven.

On my to do list:
Try to figure why our cable is so slow, even our internet us giving is problems. I thought it was our equipment, so rebooted, cleaned and checked it over good. Now our neighbors are also complaining, so a call to our local provider tech support may be my next step.

I'll be sending out some cards this week to some dear friends, hoping to make them smile and remind them how important they are to me.

Getting my candy bags together for Halloween.  We live way out in the country so we don't get but a few trick-or-treaters so we try to make them special.  Most of my pranksters are seniors and they wear the same costume each year (lol). It is always a fun night here in our little place. Nothing scary, just one day a year we get to play, pretend, play  jokes, and eat candy, lots of candy.

On my mind:
The devastation on our country with hurricanes, floods and fires. After a tornado hit our community in 2011, I have a greater understanding of the recovery efforts and the many people who come together to help each other. Prayers for everyone.

Does anyone know how Claudia over at Ckaudias page is doing? http://claudiapage-bookie.blogspot.com/ I have prayed for her and I am hoping that she has found comfort and strength.

I recently dropped my Picmonkey subscription. It became so slow, especially in the evenings, sometimes I had to wait until around midnight to get it to work. Now that my subscription is expired, it won't let me print anything even with the basic tools. Any suggestions are welcome as I enjoy working with photos and layout and design.  I am using ipiccy https://ipiccy.com/ now and it is fast and does not slow down like Picmonkey did.

From the camera:
Daily tomato picking!



Other people's words:



I hope everyone has a wonderful week. We have friends visiting and there are lots of local fall festivals happening this weekend. Prayers for those needing hope, faith, strength, comfort and for all to feel His Presence. A special prayer for Laura over at harvest Lane.

Thank you for coming by!

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been harvesting our Pecans, and still have more to go through. :)

    Glad to see a new face on my Happy Homemaker Monday, welcome :)

    Hope you have a fantastic week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, happy to meet you, thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. thank you sooooo much. I have not heard Aaron Tippin and now I am loving him. I have him on auto play on youtube. he is perfect for my dancing excercises. added to my play list.. thank you again.
    about PicMonkey, it requires adobe flash player to work and when mine slowed down I had to update adobe. only paying members can save their work now. the removed the save button. you can do a screen print and paste it in word and save it as a jpeg or try right click and safe as, don't know if that works since I am logged in. I have never used PM at night so not sure if that is a reason. also it needs strong interent because it is heavy loading, problems with your internet can slow it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandra, I enjoy every post you write! I've been quiet lately but I miss writing so much. I just found out that our internet provider (local coop) stopped the fiber optics at the end of our street, we are still on copper wire. I would hit a button on picmonkey and it would spin and spin then time out. Ipiccy is good and it doesn't slow down, pizap I use for fun projects too. Thank you for commenting, I have learned so much from you!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading your post. I use PicMonkey daily and am not having any problems - maybe your problems are related to your internet carrier Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Aaron Tippin in concert years ago :) Reading your post reminded me of that and the need to call the friend I went to the concert with and catch up with her! I noticed PicMonkey changed their system and layout a bit and I had to allow Flash (I think?) for it to work properly. I'm slowly getting used to it. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!