Friday, February 3, 2017

Five on Friday... Cancer


Here I sit ready to publish a happy post about the actions I took this week to help others, part of my positivity journey I have been working on this past month. 


But, my heart
is elsewhere this afternoon.

Last night as I was going through my emails I was so excited to see my weekly post from Paula at Sweet Pea Blog. Her weekly emails titled "Today on Sweet Pea..." is always a welcome sight in my inbox.


I have followed her Best of the Weekend Party for a long time, so long I can't remember when I started.  It is  a fun way to find great ideas shared by so many interesting bloggers from all over the world. I didn't expect to read the news. It stopped my heart from beating and I held my breath, until it sank in.  Paula announced that she has lung cancer. A vibrant, active and healthy woman is now going through the most difficult journey she has ever faced.





I have heard the word
CANCER too many times.


My friend Nancy just found out her daughter is going through many tests for her bladder, lung and bone cancer. My heart is broken for my dear friend. I reached for my Bible and prayed. I prayed for strength and wisdom so that I may say what needs to be said, to pray often and regularly, and to always remain positive.



I have organized some friends to start a cards blessing by sending Nancy's daughter cards from all over the world. 


Her name is:
Stephanie McManis
1200 N. Spring
Nevada, MO 64772

If you would like, please mail her a card and sign it "Guess Who?". Stephanie has always been a comedian, and loves taking selfies of herself acting silly with friends. Since her journey of tests, doctor appointments, labs and days that she can not work, her smile has been minimal. These cards have been a joy to her and not knowing who they came from has brought back her laughter and spunky smile.

This news comes after the loss of a fellow blogger. Linda over at Chocolate, One of my many addictions blog lost her battle just before Christmas.  This brought back memories of the Christmas I lost my brother to cancer. He died in my arms and Christmas has not been the same since. You can read my post about him here if you would like. He was the quiet one, the one that was so good at listening. I miss him everyday.

Five years ago, I was all alone, sitting in a surgery waiting room when the doctor came out and told me that my husband had cancer, that they thought they were able to remove most of it, but had to take part of the muscle in doing so. There I was in a strange town, a strange place, surrounded by strangers. Thankfully our prayers were answered, he was able to take radiation treatments to rid it completely. Oh, how we feel joyfully blessed.

Bj over at Bj's Sweet Nothings is facing Mr. Sweet's recent diagnosis of a tumor on his brain. Bj's blog has always been a ray of sunshine to me. 

Her love of biscuits and how happy a biscuit can make her is so funny. Her blog just make makes smile. I pray that Mr. Sweet's tests come back that he is completely healed. 


So today, instead of telling you how good I have been this past week staying positive, spreading joy when I can and again feeling joy in my heart I ask for prayers for my friends. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will come back again real soon!


Linking up with



25 comments:

  1. Many prayers for all those mentioned! You have a very kind heart. I'll be sending a card :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colettakay! She will be so happy to get your card!

      Delete
  2. So sorry to read all that news - sending you all love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry.Rest assured I will pray for them, I am known as the Prayer Lady at church. I manage our prayer lines. It seems to me that when I was growing up and in my teens, there was not near as much cancer. Or maybe I was just too young to be aware of it. I have lost so many dear friends to cancer. My mom got two kinds of cancer and I watched her die in the hospital. My husband has had three kinds of cancer. He had melanoma so bad on his face that they had to cut half of his face off and pull it over. I say all this not to depress you, just to say that we are all fighting this awful thing. Despite all this, we need to rejoice in the time we have. I do hope you can have a good weekend. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ginny! Thank you for coming by. I also do not remember cancer being so prevalent when I was younger. Thank you for praying! Yes we do need to rejoice in this day that the Lord has made.

      Delete
  4. Cancer is such a terrible disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Indeed Lorrie. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I came here from reading an email of one dog and a person with cancer. my dentist has a brain tumor, my brother has fought cancer for a year and is now in remission.. prayers for each of the ones mentioned here today... and grateful praise for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will all certainly be in my prayers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by! Your prayers are greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  7. How sad for all of them, hope that all goes well and that the Lord will look after them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mac n Janet! Your visit is always welcome!

      Delete
  8. It is so very sad for all of these people. My thoughts are with them all, I hope that all will be as well for them as it can be. I hope that all continues to be well for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. . I'm a cancer survivor and I pray she recovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray for you! May you always remain a survivor and rejoice in each day! Thank you for coming by to visit!

      Delete
  10. I just read about Paula last night and it made me so sad, I found out because I follow another blogger from her link up party. It hard to think that someone that eats well, exercises, etc. can get such a blow so early in life. Cancer truly does suck. Yes, all these people def. need to be uplifted in prayers!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, thank you for hopping on over here to my little blog! I hope you will come back. Cancer is a bad word, yes, indeedy!

      Delete
  11. My tears are flowing for your friends with cancer..we have a grandson in law whose father is dying..our sweet sweet nephew is taking chemo for his cancer...Mr. Sweet is having a biopsy of the tumor on his brain sometime this coming week...the other 2 tumors they found are old and not invasive and not cancer..
    I wish I could tell you how grateful I am for your prayers...thank you so very much. Prayer is, by far, the grandest gift of all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father God, I ask for miraculous healing for these who are fighting cancer. This is not too hard for you. I ask it in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on it. Have notified my card-making friends about Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww, thanks for your sweet visit, Dazee. You seem to be on the right path to peace, happiness and tranquility. And what a lovely blog you have! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am so sorry it took me all week to finally get a chance to visit but this post just really touched me...a friend of mine, our youngest boys are the same age and have played football together just found out she has stage 4 lung cancer last year...she never smoked, healthy and a nurse...has a strong faith...i had some skin cancer removed a few months back from my nose, but every spot on my body freaks me out now...i will send a card to your friend's daughter. we lived outside of springfield, missouri for a few years (my twins were born there) so i know where nevada is...and i didn't know bj's husband has a brain tumor...i hate cancer :(

    thank you though for linking up with willy nilly and i wish you a wonderful weekend/week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!