Thursday, October 24, 2013

Around here...

I wanted to share another photo of some sign art by Mr. Lowell Davis, a local and well known artist. Mr. Davis lives just a few miles from us on some acreage along old Route 66. He recreated his hometown of Red Oak on his farm where he still creates his unique masterpieces. He has many of his creations around local business where his style is unique and noticeable.








We were able to spend a couple of days at 
the Lake House even though it was cool outside. 
The lake was just beautiful in the afternoon sun.






The Lake House list of projects is 
getting smaller with the retaining wall being finished. 
A neighbor who does landscaping did a great job 
setting all of those heavy blocks.






We stopped at a little store while out 
goofing around and I spotted this mailbox. 
I just had to share it with you.



If you have read my blog about my attempt to learn to sew... 
I have made some progress. 
I have gotten myself organized.








I have also lined up my first project, based on this beautiful find at the gift shop in Branson. I am going to make some napkins.
I need to establish a good relationship with my sewing machine.
I hope making some napkins is a good start!




My goals is to sew an apron like this one!





Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. i think napkins is a great place to start and that apron is adorable!!

    i would like one of those mailboxes and one sign art, either one, for out front of my farm/house!!

    ps....i don't really have a farm or barn but i really want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie- That house project is looking great. I love how it has turned out.Those signs are wonderful and at first I thought that mailbox was a playhouse! So cute. Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!