Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tomato Soup = True Love


QUOTE FOR MY DAY: True love is: fixing your wife tomato soup.... jackie

Having the flu is awful, just awful. Liquid slime pouring out of your nose is gross, coughing till you pee your flannel pajamas, while running to the toilet to spew undigested goop... well enough said, it is gross and painful. But it is also a time to show how much you truly love someone.

He made me tomato soup and served it to me in my favorite cup, one that says “Best Mom” (a treasure given to me by my way smarter than me daughter). Then he cautiously stepped back, yes he backed up, one step at a time. He didn't want to get too close to my nasty bug, but he did it, he made me tomato soup and brought it to me. Then, he slept on the couch.

He made a special trip to the store to get that tomato soup, several boxes of Puffs with lotion, Mucinex (a true miracle drug), and orange juice. While I laid there thinking I was going to die, sometimes wishing I would. 

I would have slept on the couch too.

That is true love...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek and stopping by to visit!